To echo Alec, let's see 'em!

Go down

To echo Alec, let's see 'em!

Post  Legion on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 am

I know most are in the process of finding a means to display your items, but if you've got some to show, give it a post. I'm just waiting until my Visitor tags get here, then I'll take another picture. There isn't much to show on the other wall, unless people are impressed by four taped corners on the wall, marking out where my First Cylon War print will go....LOL

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WALL SPACE!!! Shocked

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Admin

View user profile http://theflightdeck.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To echo Alec, let's see 'em!

Post  Harvey Dent's Chin on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

I will eventually get to making the frames for my paper props. Just need to find out how much U.V.-resistant/proof glass is gonna cost me.

As for Tori's Death-Suit.. I really don't know what I'm going to do with that still.

Harvey Dent's Chin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Working out how to display it all...

Post  scarlett on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 am

Yeah, hoping to spend a few weeks at home so I can start working on my display...still have Adama's bookcase in the crate, a ready room chair and an Aurora chair in their cartons....then working out how to display the costumes...paperwork...trinkets....will keep me busy for months!
scarlett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 am

scarlett wrote:Yeah, hoping to spend a few weeks at home so I can start working on my display...still have Adama's bookcase in the crate, a ready room chair and an Aurora chair in their cartons....then working out how to display the costumes...paperwork...trinkets....will keep me busy for months!

Awesome photo of you in the Viper! *jealousy* You actually just made me realize...what the frak am I going to do when I get the painting and desk done???? I'm so very used to buying a prop, framing, arranging, and then on to the next prop.

I think I'll take and paraphrase Tigh's advice to Starbuck, "Never stop collecting." Shhhh...don't tell my wife I just said that.... Razz

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:45 am

Harvey Dent's Chin wrote:I will eventually get to making the frames for my paper props. Just need to find out how much U.V.-resistant/proof glass is gonna cost me.

As for Tori's Death-Suit.. I really don't know what I'm going to do with that still.

You're just picking up the glass? I might have to do that to my stuff eventually. Most of the props have been put into inexpensive frames, so I'll have to replace the glass and add mounts before it's over with.

Tori's death suit...hmmm....I would have been glancing over at that prop then back to her on V last night...and smiled. Gotta say, that death scene was on that got my wife and I on the edge of the couch, with her screaming out of shock.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 am

I got a quote for framing one of my items.... About £300.... Considering I want to do similar frames for a number of items in my collection. It's going to be damn pricey so wardrobe it is for now.

All money must be allocated to BUILDING the collection. When that's done I can worry about displaying it!
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

That is a pricey framing job, I can see the Cylon war print being expensive being that it is quite large, but something small get a cheaper frame and do it yourself. I am just starting to frame things up and display. I have been looking at mannequins lately and half forms as they would be too expensive to do it to all my costumes. The six dress needs the full form to really do it justice, some of the others need a form and stand (like what Propworx did at the live auctions).
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 am

Well I suppose it's not too high considering that it's a whole costume laid out... Space is very limited at home so the best costumes are gonna be framed along a wall while the more 'hardwearing' items such as my decksuit are gonna be on mannequins. At least thats the plan! I want to get some of the mannequins in the same style as Faceman's 'Razor' display on the propworx boards. No head and you can put boots on them.
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:The six dress needs the full form to really do it justice,.

Twisted Evil
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Legion wrote:
inthecanpictures wrote:The six dress needs the full form to really do it justice,.

Twisted Evil
Exactly.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 pm

galactifan wrote:Well I suppose it's not too high considering that it's a whole costume laid out... Space is very limited at home so the best costumes are gonna be framed along a wall while the more 'hardwearing' items such as my decksuit are gonna be on mannequins. At least thats the plan! I want to get some of the mannequins in the same style as Faceman's 'Razor' display on the propworx boards. No head and you can put boots on them.

Oh, I see George. I didn't realize that it was a full costume. In my opinion man, you should save the money on the framing of a costume...I think they look better just hung up! I have seen a lot of framed costumes, and a few looked okay, but nothing touches the right mannequin. If you are going to put the money out for a frame anyways, go the mannequin route. Just my ten cubits worth.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

It's just the space issue. My house isn't that big and I can't really have Battlestar in EVERY room (sadly) I just have this vision of blues (3-4 sets I hope one day) along the wall with a couple of mannequins in front. Should be a good effect. I can't really hang things up... The British climate doesn't help things, always raining!
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 pm

It has been raining a lot here in Seattle too lately. I see what you are saying about space, always the issue for me as well. Maybe I can find another set of Hero duty blues to trade with you, I still want to get 'that' costume from you to go with the other one...I will see what I can get that you would really like.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Awwww come on! Thats like asking me to consider trading my own child....
(if I had one! Laughing )

I warn you, I can't think of anything of the top of my head that can top it right now.....
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh I am sure there will be something. Believe me I will find something that will make your mouth water, and then we will talk. If not it goes into the collection and I will find something else. I wouldn't buy anything to trade you unless it was badass enough for me to want to keep.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

I like the way you think...
....Of course I'm also terrified that one day I will have a VERY hard decision to make!
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm

You will George. But isn't it nice to know they will be in a friends collection! hahahaha. Seriously, I will find something really GREAT someday to trade you for them. I know your taste in BSG props.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:You will George. But isn't it nice to know they will be in a friends collection! hahahaha.

YOU MONSTER!!!!! Laughing
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Twisted Evil No, not really. You will make out on any deal that we do, I will get the right uniform or prop and it will be a done deal, I will just aim higher to trade for the thing that would be very sentimental for me, so it would still work out. I have someone asking me about the red six dress, over and over so I understand.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 pm

We'll see I guess...
(Still worried though... I love that costume!)

It's tough to know where something is and it to be just out of reach. I think every collector feels like that at times.

I have a strange (non related collecting) problem that I bought a copy of Hulk 181 (!st full appearance of Wolverine) and I have no idea what to do now. It's clearly the most valuble piece in my collection but I can't read it or really do anything with it... I'd probably trade it for another costume right now if someone offered!
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

Just put it up on ebay, someone will buy it. Don't put it up with a reserve for 7-10 days...put it up fixed price (the price you want) or best offer, then run the auction good until canceled then it won't end until it sells.
inthecanpictures

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm

I think I'll hold onto it for now and decide when I get back home. It's still a great bragging piece!
galactifan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down