Polaris 2010, Toronto

Go down

Polaris 2010, Toronto

Post  larsfarm77 on Fri May 21, 2010 10:35 am

Polaris is a smaller convention, based in Toronto, ON, Canada (it used to be called Toronto Trek). It's July 16-18, 2010 and this year features Mark Sheppard/Romo Lampkin from BSG. Also, the original Bionic Woman, Lindsay Wagner!

I don't have any real interest in Romo, so I'm really debating about going to this one. Will definitely go to the FanExpo convention in August (huge, over 50 000 people attend each year) to meet Stan Lee! No BSG guests there so far.

Link for Polairs: http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/modules/tconguests/

Monique.
larsfarm77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Polaris 2010, Toronto

Post  Legion on Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm

That's cool. I was always mildly interested in Romo as well, but have become a bit more interested as I've watched the props go by recently. There was some convention here about two weeks ago in Tampa, which apparently set some sort of Guinness record as the most people in costume in one location (111).

I'm a geek through and through, but am more of a tech-geek than costume-geek. I just can't see myself getting into some Klingon outfit......

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Admin

View user profile http://theflightdeck.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  larsfarm77 on Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 am

LOL, I definitely couldn't see myself as a Klingon, either. If I were super talented, I think a really kick ass Borg costume would be amazing, but I don't think I'd actually be able to wear it. I'm a SF geek too, mostly a collector, but I draw the line at cosplay. The best was at Fan Expo last year. There was a woman dressed up as Sharon Valerii, complete with a silver toaster that she'd put a diaper on and placed a sticker that said 'Hello, my name is Hera'. She looked fantastic. Mary McDonnell was at the convention and "Sharon" showed us her photo op -- a pic of Mary trying to steal 'toaster Hera' from her! It was hysterical. I'm not sure how to post pics here or I would (I don't have the photo op pic, but I do have one of "Sharon").
larsfarm77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion on Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

larsfarm77 wrote:LOL, I definitely couldn't see myself as a Klingon, either. If I were super talented, I think a really kick ass Borg costume would be amazing, but I don't think I'd actually be able to wear it. I'm a SF geek too, mostly a collector, but I draw the line at cosplay. The best was at Fan Expo last year. There was a woman dressed up as Sharon Valerii, complete with a silver toaster that she'd put a diaper on and placed a sticker that said 'Hello, my name is Hera'. She looked fantastic. Mary McDonnell was at the convention and "Sharon" showed us her photo op -- a pic of Mary trying to steal 'toaster Hera' from her! It was hysterical. I'm not sure how to post pics here or I would (I don't have the photo op pic, but I do have one of "Sharon").

Okay, that's cool! Hah! "Hello, my name is Hera." LOL Granted, it fun and I love seeing people dressed up, but not myself. Razz

As for post pics, you'd have to do it like any ol' forum. Do you have a photobucket or Flickr account? You upload the photo there, then copy the [IMG] link that you get afterwards, then paste it into your post. Voila! As for the things you've collected, click on the Photbucket link on the main page and follow the instructions I gave Jack to make your own Album to show your stuff.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Admin

View user profile http://theflightdeck.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  larsfarm77 on Sun May 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Legion wrote:
Okay, that's cool! Hah! "Hello, my name is Hera." LOL Granted, it fun and I love seeing people dressed up, but not myself. Razz

As for post pics, you'd have to do it like any ol' forum. Do you have a photobucket or Flickr account? You upload the photo there, then copy the [IMG] link that you get afterwards, then paste it into your post. Voila! As for the things you've collected, click on the Photbucket link on the main page and follow the instructions I gave Jack to make your own Album to show your stuff.

Thanks for the instructions. Ok, here's a pic of Sharon and friend, with baby Hera:

Hee, won't catch me dressed up, but some people do an amazing job.
larsfarm77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down